Saturday 6 October 2012

About this blog

This blog is about the history of the Salmon family.  It also contains information about the Glasses, the Dyers and the Hilliers.

Whilst this blog has been created primarily for use by the Salmon family and our immediate relatives, we hope it will also be of use to some of our more distant relatives who may be researching their own family histories.

To view our family tree click here.

Please feel free to leave feedback if you have any comments or information that would add to our story.

Thank you for your interest, and we hope you will enjoy reading about our history.

5 comments:

  1. Fascinating information - I am related to Frederick Orlando's half brother. Perhaps we should compare notes at some stage in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, please do get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a grandson of Edith Williams(nee Salmon) and lived with her and my grandfather and my parents in the same house in Harold Street Cardiff. I have been researching my family tree, so found your information very valuable. Many thanks. Alex Williams (annalex@optusnet.com.au).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly interesting. My great grandfather was Henry Salmon, married to the daughter of a slave, Henrietta Salmon. They resided on a large plantation in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica, West Indies and had I believe 9-10 children. Henry Salmon was referred to as Captain Salmon and was from England, his mother was known as Lady Bush. I have photos of Henry Salmon with his wife Henrietta and Lady Bush with Henry Salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I would love to see those photos. My name is Zara Ayanna (Salmon) and I am the descendant of the enslaved people who inherited the name Salmon. My grandfather grew up in St. Elizabeth and many of our relatives are still there now. My sister and I are very interested in putting the pieces of our family history together. My email is zaraayanna@gmail.com

      Delete